Can't wait to get going, but not ready to leave

Can't wait to get going, but not quite ready to leave

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The "Awesomenest" Job

Today was such a fun day!  First let me tell you a little about what I do everyday....  I work at a daycare pre-school called Primrose that happens to also have a Private Kindergarten.  I am the Kindergarten teacher.  Now working at a "daycare-type" facility, means I don't have the benefits most regular teachers have: paid breaks throughout the school year, health benefits, sick time, etc.  So while most teachers have a nice 2 week break around Christmas, I'm working with the after-school program at Primrose.  We try to make it as fun as possible while they're on break (we need a break too) so we plan field trips and fun activities during the break.  Today we went rock climbing!!!! Of course I planned this field trip, since rock climbing is my favorite "sport", but I had no idea how much fun I'd actually end up having.  But my favorite part of the day was, hands down, when one of my Kindergarteners came up to me and said, "I hope I can be an awesomenest teacher like you Mrs. Bates!" Shut the front door! My heart almost came bursting out of my chest! So even though I had to work during Christmas Break while most regular teachers had some time away from their kids, I would have never had the experience I had today if I hadn't been working.  So all in all, I am very happy that school starts back up again tomorrow and I can get back to doing what I love... helping children realize their potential and watching them discover they can move mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment