Can't wait to get going, but not ready to leave

Can't wait to get going, but not quite ready to leave

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fan or Follower?

In my book today I was challenged to answer this question... "Are you a follower of Jesus?". Seems simple enough right?! Well as I continued to read I realize how easy it is to dismiss this question because we've either already answered it or it's just not relevant to us and we don't care. This chapter also challenged me to define my relationship with Christ. 

"Fans often confuse their admiration for devotion. They mistake their knowledge of Jesus for intimacy with Jesus. Fans assume their good intentions make up for their apathetic faith. Maybe you've made up your mind that you're a follower and not a fan;well, I hope you keep reading, because one of the core symptoms of "fandom" is that fans almost always consider themselves to be followers."(p.27)

Well needless to say I'm going to keep reading. The author is really funny and other than the pages not being justified (one of my many pet peeves) I am loving this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment