Can't wait to get going, but not ready to leave

Can't wait to get going, but not quite ready to leave

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Knowledge vs Intimacy

Tonight's question: do you just know about Jesus or do you really know him?  I particularly liked tonight's chapter considering I did not grow up in church learning scripture like most people do when they grow up in a church.  I did not go to Sunday school or do bible drills or Awanas, but tonight's message reminded me that having an intimate relationship with God is far more important than KNOWING everything about Him.  Yes knowing about Him is part of being intimate, but it doesn't define intimacy.  Just because there is knowledge doesn't mean there is intimacy.  Like Matthew 15:8 says when Jesus describes the Pharisees, "these people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.". Funny thing is, I used to be impressed by these people but I've come to realize knowledge isn't everything, it's important but your intimate relationship is more important! 

"O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I am far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord."- Psalm 139

No comments:

Post a Comment