Can't wait to get going, but not ready to leave

Can't wait to get going, but not quite ready to leave

Monday, January 7, 2013

Decision or Commitment

So tonight's challenge was are you believing and following or just believing.  Biggest attention getting question.... Has following Jesus cost you anything, has it interfered with your life? WOW! He just came out and asked that, like it was nothing.  I had to stop and think about it.... I can't honestly think of what following Jesus has cost me, what sacrifices I've ever had to make to follow Jesus. Then I got to thinking, am I just believing in Jesus or am I really trying to FOLLOW Him? In order to follow you have to move (away from something, toward something? I'm not really sure but just move).

"Most of us don't mind making some minor changes in our lives but Jesus wants to turn our lives upside down. Fans don't mind Him doing a little touch-up work, but Jesus wants a complete renovation. Fans come to Jesus thinking tune-up, but Jesus is thinking overhaul. Fans think a little make-up, but Jesus is thinking makeover. Fans think a little decorating is required, but Jesus wants a complete remodel. Fans want Jesus to inspire them, but Jesus wants to interfere with their lives." (p.31)

He goes onto say...."So in case someone left it out or forgot to mention it when they explained what it meant to be a Christian, let me be clear: There is no forgiveness without repentance. There is no salvation without surrender. There is no life without death. There is no believing without committing."

No comments:

Post a Comment